Powered by Blogger.

nail art: dior resort 2014

It's been a while since I've taken the time to do something ~unique~ on my nails (namely due to a LACK of time), but I was extre...



It's been a while since I've taken the time to do something ~unique~ on my nails (namely due to a LACK of time), but I was extremely bored a few weeks ago and decided to do a couture inspired design!

I wanted something summery and bright, so I figured a resort collection would be fitting- and since I can't stop thinking about Raf Simons' Dior collections lately after watching Dior and I, I went for that. Unfortunately, I couldn't do the Resort 2016 one as I just don't have the right colours for it, so I ended up going for Resort 2014.

(To clarify, my writing is much neater than this, but I did this on my iPad without proper touch support. Apologies!!)

The designs themselves are pretty simple, but it took ages to do as I ended up having to mix some of my polishes to get a shade that I was satisfied with...not to mention the drying time in between. Luckily, I recently picked up Essence's Nail Art Express Dry Drops which are pretty much the same as OPI's Drying Drops (but only cost about $3 at Shoppers Drug Mart in comparison!)


Aside from the drying drops, the second weapon in my kit is Deborah Lippmann's Gel Lab base & top coat, which I've been obsessed with all summer. The picture above was taken today, but the nails themselves were done about 10 days ago....and look, no noticeable chipping! 

As for the collection itself, here are the pics I used for inspiration:
      





You Might Also Like

0 comments

instagram!