Powered by Blogger.

le marché st. george

Hidden within a residential area near Fraser Street.....a little secret (that isn't really much of a secret nowadays)- Le Marché St....



Hidden within a residential area near Fraser Street.....a little secret (that isn't really much of a secret nowadays)- Le Marché St. George. From the minute I discovered this gem online (possibly through Monocle- I honestly can't remember now)- I'd wanted to go...and that was over a year ago. What is it about living close to so many cool places but never actually going?! *cough earnest ice cream cough*

This month, I decided I was sick of waiting, and since school's technically done for the term, I arranged a date with my friend Cybil- whom I've shared many first time cafe/restaurant experiences with :') It was as quaint and perfect as I'd expected. I frequent their blog VERY OFTEN, so I already had a good sense as to what the general feel of the place would be like, but nothing compares to being there in person. Even with the many people seated in various areas inside, it's not so much boisterous as it is just plain cozy. The soft chatter and sounds of dishes being prepared in the kitchen blends seamlessly with the fragrant smell of pastries and hot drinks. Luckily, we went on a weekday afternoon, so we easily found seats at the table. I fell in love with the homey atmosphere- I felt as if I was starring in a lovely French film! (Let me live my dream of starring in my own version of Amélie, haha!)




After trying very hard to decide what to order, I went for the cinnamon sugar & butter crêpe, and Cybil chose the lemon sugar & butter. We also agreed that hot chocolate was the way to go and both opted for the Michel Cluizel option (which was a bit pricier, but so, so worth it.) Surprisingly, I'm not crazy about crêpes- I remember having my first nutella one in Paris and I didn't feel too good afterward...maybe that's why, haha. I did like the cinnamon sugar, but I couldn't really taste much butter, so it felt a bit dry. I think next time I'll definitely go for the savoury option, or try a quiche! The hot chocolate was genuinely scrumptious though. If you're like me and aren't fond of coffee, I would without a doubt give it a try. My total was less than $10 though- my wallet approves! (Also, check out their menu!)



I'd also been looking forward to visiting their Christmas pop-up shop, but had somehow conveniently forgotten that it's only open on the weekend- during the weekday, it's open by appointment only. No worries...I'll definitely be coming back anyway :)



The night before, I decided that I would wear my new Topshop skirt that I'd gotten on sale, and hey, why not put together a proper outfit while I'm at it? This place is too adorable to let it go to waste- it's honestly an excellent backdrop for little photoshoots. I'm still a bit uncomfortable being in front of the camera (as I'm sure you can tell), but I gave it my best shot! Thanks to Cybil for taking the pictures ❤
Le Marché St. George on Urbanspoon

You Might Also Like

0 comments

instagram!