Powered by Blogger.

cookie monster

I just want to start off by saying that I love the idea of baking, but once I actually start doing it, it's not long before I realize I ...

I just want to start off by saying that I love the idea of baking, but once I actually start doing it, it's not long before I realize I have no patience for it. Two weeks ago, my friend hosted a movie night at his place, and for some insane reason (I must've hit my head????) I decided I would bake a few batches of cookies to bring for the potluck. The problem is, I had to buy a ton of ingredients, and as always, I waited till the very last minute to do so.....I ended up arriving 2 hours late, sigh. I will also state that I haven't made cookies since high school- and even then, my baking was always hit or miss. I've made numerous successful cheesecakes, but my cakes can be questionable, so I wasn't sure how these cookies would turn out. (I do think part of the problem is I don't own proper measuring equipment so I guesstimate on a lot of things, hahahahaha....) Luckily they were delicious! They don't LOOK that great- my oven doesn't seem to distribute heat evenly so I struggled a lot with it- but they really were yummy. Anyway, the cookies were a hit. In fact, I'm craving some now...

These are the Nutella & Salted Caramel cookies (recipe here!) I ended up not using Nutella, as I was a bit worried they would be too chocolatey already. I also used mint chocolate chips instead since I am obsessed with mint. As I was in a hurry, I ended up rolling quite huge balls of dough (also an attempt to ensure the Caramilk was covered.) Because of that, they were quite heavy- reminded me of brownies. Next time I'll definitely try to even out the amount of dough...but there was also problems with my oven. I wasn't sure if they were done or not- as a result, they may have been in there for too long :(





And my personal favourites.....these AMAZING Brown Butter Salted Caramel Cookies (recipe here!) These blew my mind. They changed my life. Honestly, I lost track of how many I consumed on my own. Brown butter really does make a HUGE difference!! My kitchen smelled heavenly afterward ;) Unlike the chocolate ones, I didn't have too much trouble with these, although my caramel pieces melted onto the wax paper, so there were a few issues trying to get them off in one piece. I replaced the chocolate chunks with white chocolate, and I also opted out of adding coffee. If you have time, you definitely need to make these!

I promise I'm not usually so haphazard with my pictures & presentation, but I really was in a huge hurry, haha.





You Might Also Like

0 comments

instagram!