Powered by Blogger.

revlon perfumerie

I'd only just heard of these new Revlon polishes about a month ago...though I believe they may have been out since late September/early ...

I'd only just heard of these new Revlon polishes about a month ago...though I believe they may have been out since late September/early November- it's possible that they were released earlier in the States? My friend actually told me about them, as she'd spotted the Fresh Linen polish, and is well aware that I adore the smell of fresh laundry (something a lot of my friends tease me about, funnily enough....what's not to love?!) From what I know, there are 16 shades in the collection, with three categories: 'Sweets & Spices', 'Freshes', and 'Fruits & Florals.' To my great surprise, I received a lovely package in the mail from Revlon- they really know how to spoil a girl! I hadn't expected one as I'd only just been sent the Revlon x Marchesa nail wraps (which I've yet to try...)


I was sent African tea rose- it's a cooler toned, hot-pink sort of shade, with tiny blue & pink shimmer in it which really is more visible in the bottle than on the nails. I'm not entirely crazy about hot pinks (my favourite is Julep's Avery), and this is definitely more of a summer colour, but I don't totally hate it.



As for the scent itself...I admittedly have a huge love/hate relationship with anything rose scented. At times it can be so overpowering that I believe I loathe it, but sometimes I'm obsessed with slightly toned down versions. This falls in the latter category- I'm unsure how tea roses smell in real life, but this is a soothing, subdued scent- slightly reminiscent of potpourri. I'm curious to see how long it will last....it's already much fainter after I washed the dishes, that's for sure.

[edit: there was still a faint scent that lingered after day 2 & day 3!]





I have my eye on Wintermint, Lavender Soap, Pink Pineapple, & Sunlit Grass. These are so fun, and the scents aren't overwhelming at all- it's a much more pleasant alternative than that horrid chemical smell I'm sure we're all so used to, haha.

I haven't gone out lately due to exams, so I haven't yet seen them in stores (though I know you can find them at Shoppers Drug Mart!), but I'll be keeping my eyes out for them!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

instagram!